Monday January 9, 2017 - Stuffed Spinach Pies - You're Gonna Love
It!! - A spin of the traditional Greek Spanakopita
Prepared pizza dough
Fresh Baby Spinach
Salt & Pepper
1. Prepare the dough by flattening out with a rolling pin using flour and cornmeal
2. Prepare the filling by putting the baby spinach in a large mixing bowl.
3. Chop the spinach into smaller
pieces...either use your hands to tear it, chop with a knife, or cut with a pair of kitchen shears
4. Add the olive
oil, lemon juice, diced onion, salt and pepper.
5. Toss and mix this spinach salad until the spinach leaves are
evenly covered and the leaves begin to soften
6. Cut the dough into square sections...approximately 3 inch squares
Add a large portion to the middle of the dough square and fold into a triangle shape.
8. Place the stuffed spinach
pie on an oiled cookie sheet and drizzle with oil.
9. Place cookie sheet in the oven at 400 degrees and bake the
spinach pies for 12 minutes on Each side.