Monday July 11th, 2016 - Stuffed Zucchini - You're Gonna Love It!!
6 Large Zucchini
4 lb Ground Beef
2 lb White or Brown Rice (Not Instant)
4.5oz Pine Nuts
29oz Can of Tomato Puree
2 - 29oz Can of Diced Tomato
Salt & Pepper to
Ground All Spice
Cut the large zucchini in half.
2. Use a spoon or long coring tool to hollow out each half...set aside until
the filling is prepared.
3. In a large skillet brown the ground beef. Use a soft spatula to constantly
work it and chop it up. Strain the grease and set aside.
4. While browning the ground beef, in a separate
pot, cook the rice according to the labelled instructions. Remove from heat and remove any excess water.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the browned ground beef, cooked rice, pine nuts, salt, pepper and all-spice.
6. Once the filling is mixed thouroughly, begin to stuff the hollowed out zucchini halves and place them in a large
7. After all of the zucchini halves are filled and placed in the pot, add one can of tomato puree
and one can of diced tomato
8. Add one can of water for each can of tomato puree and diced tomato that you add.
Continue to add the tomato puree, diced tomato, and water until all of the stuffed zucchini are covered.
the stock pot on top of the stove, cover, and put on medium heat. Bring the pot to a boil and then reduce the heat to low.
Bring the pot to a simmer and allow to simmer for approximately 45 minutes or until the zucchini are fork tender.
Serve the stuffed zucchini by placing on a dish, cut it in half length-wise and pour the tomato sauce blend over it.